Hee hee. In the "relevant thread," Feste didn't believe me when I explained to
him that the period-after-every-word convention was now a standard way to
indicate emphasis on the Web:

 "I don't think you have even remotely established this as 'standard practice.;
On the contrary, it's an unusual deviation from the norm. I wasn't impressed by
the link you provided. It was a lot of people asking about the use of periods
after every word, but not a single example that I could see. Nor have I seen a
single example of its use by a good writer. Where are these blogs in which it
is 'standard practice'?"

 And I responded:

 "No, I didn't suggest that the Google links were to examples. I was responding
to Richard's claim that it didn't exist, essentially, because he'd never seen
it. Obviously many people have seen it, but you wouldn't expect to see links to
examples, for pete's sake. As I said, the next time I come across an example,
I'll give you a link. But you're still overinterpreting 'standard practice,' as
I explained and you ignored" [i.e., it isn't "standard" in that it's used any
time someone wants to indicate emphasis, but rather that it's used often enough
that most readers have seen it before and don't think it's weird; they
understand what it's meant to convey].

 As I said I would, I've now provided links to four different examples. (Let me
know if anyone wants to see links to the posts I just quoted.) And now Feste's
pissed off because he looks like an ass for having been so unpleasantly
skeptical (along with Richard and Barry).

 Feste huffed:

 You are making an ass of yourself again, auth, as anyone who cares to read the
relevant thread can see for themselves.

 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 (Also for Barry and Richard.)

 "...Again, these are fake quotes. Palin. Did. Not. Say. Any. Of. These.
Things."

http://www.realclearreligion.org/articles/2013/12/18/sarah_palin_christmas_warrior.html

http://www.realclearreligion.org/articles/2013/12/18/sarah_palin_christmas_warrior.html