"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson has been suspended indefinitely by the A&E
Network following his recent comments calling homosexuality sinful. I've not
seen or heard of this program and his remarks as reported strike me as
knee-jerk and simplistic. But what annoys me more is the statement released by
the Network saying: "His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E
Networks."

 It's a reality TV show for God's sake! No one expects the comments made by
participants on a reality-TV show to be anything but an expression of the
individual concerned. Let people say whatever the hell they feel like saying
and we the viewers can make our own minds up about how sensible or ridiculous
those opinions are.

 This week we've also learned that social news website Reddit is censoring
posts that are sceptical of man-made global warming. How precious we're
becoming.