Muhammad was a tantric who invented Islam as a solution to the upheaval that the war lords in the area were causing. I know an Indian woman who was born into a Muslim family but when asked about Islam couldn't tell you anything about it because they didn't actually practice it. She was more into yoga and Indian philosophy.