At the same age (but in 1954) I was living in Munich and going by special
arrangement to the school for American Army kids there. My family was happily
living on the German economy, and the Army kids felt sorry for me, as if it
must be an awful privation. They'd lend me their Post Exchange cards and I'd
pick up toilet paper and toothpaste and Kotex, which we really did prefer to
the German equivalents.

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, <s3raphita@...> wrote:

 Re "I went to ASL, The American School in London in St John's Wood so we went
by the US system.":

 That explains it! Funnily enough, at the same age I was living in Berlin and
although British I was sent to the American school there. That's where I was
introduced to Baby Ruth bars; Sun-Maid Raisins; salted popcorn; peanut butter
and root beer. Never grew out of those!

 Re "The Beatles "butcher" album cover.":

 That was gross!