Charles Mingus Jr.

[image: Inline image 1]

Better Get Hit in Yo' Soul - Track One, from the album "Mingus Ah Um" -
Vinyl
http://www.youtube.com/<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZ2V6KLsLg&feature=share&list=PLsl3WjKkzBEfEwpMSbLpwr4vPupPQTJ0x>

[image: Inline image 2]

Sue's Changes - Live At Montreux, 1975
http://youtu.be/jOWNkZrkLfk

"Charles Mingus Jr. was a highly influential American jazz double bassist,
composer and bandleader. Mingus's compositions retained the hot and soulful
feel of hard bop and drew heavily from black gospel music while sometimes
drawing on elements of Third Stream, free jazz, and classical music. Yet
Mingus avoided categorization, forging his own brand of music that fused
tradition with unique and unexplored realms of jazz."

Read more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Mingus