"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before
breakfast."

 -Lewis Carroll, Alice In Wonderland.

 These days, with the tube cranked on to "The Today Show", for example, he
could increase that number ten-fold, without breaking a sweat. Many do!

Technology hurtles forward:

from wikipedia
 The Locomotive Acts (or Red Flag Acts) were a series of Acts of Parliament
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acts_of_Parliament_in_the_United_Kingdom in the
United Kingdom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom regulating the use
of mechanically propelled vehicles on British public highways
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_highway during the latter part of the 19th
century.
 The first three, The Locomotives on Highways Act 1861, The Locomotive Act 1865
and the Highways and Locomotives (Amendment) Act 1878 contained restrictive
measures on the manning and speed of operation of road vehicles; they also
formalised many important road concepts such as vehicle registration,
registration plates, speed limits maximum vehicle weight over structures, and
the organisation of highway authorities.
 The most draconic restrictions and speed limits were imposed by the 1865 act
(the "Red Flag Act") which required all road locomotives, which included
automobiles, to travel at a maximum of 4 mph (6 km/h) in the country and 2 mph
(3 km/h)in the city - as well as requiring a man carrying a red flag to walk in
front of road vehicles hauling multiple wagons.
 The 1896 Act removed some restrictions of the 1865 act and raised the speed to
14 mph (23 km/h)."

Scary stuff - no wonder some appear overwhelmed by the pace of technology.
Happy Holidays!

---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, <bobpriced@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, <sharelong60@...> wrote:

 Richard, I was joking around. Ann finally posted a photo of this year's tree.
Emily and Bob did a great job of bringing all that about imho (-:

 On Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:41 PM, Richard J. Williams <punditster@...>
wrote:

   On 12/26/2013 10:58 AM, sharelong60@... wrote:
 > Richard, Ann's just upset that I caught her trying to pass off last
 > year's tree photo as this years! Plus I revealed her lie about my
 > living in a 1 BR flat.
 It's beginning to look like we've got a pair of serial fibbers on FFL.
 That's pretty bizarre to say the least, that someone would post a photo
 of last year's Christmas tree and lead people to believe it was this
 years Christmas tree. Go figure.