On 12/29/2013 2:40 PM, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com wrote:
I don't think "a couple of spiritual teachers" talking about "indifference" relates to anything Mike was posting about.
Maybe not, but I think Mike's point was that Jesus was indifferent to social mores concerning adultery. From what I've read, hardly anybody back then was indifferent to having multiple wives - they were all in favor of it. So, if Jesus was forgiving about adultery, I wonder if he was also in favor of polygamy? And, I don't think any spiritual teachers back then were in favor of polyandry, except maybe over in India. But, I guess it all depends on what you mean by "spiritual teachers". According to Robin, Saul had a spiritual experience on the road to Damascus when he thought he had seen the risen Christ for the first time; but everyone knows that Mary Magdalene was the first to see the Jesus rise up into the sky. Obviously the New Testament was written by men. Go figure.