---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" wrote:

> Yes, he meant 40 days until the Ascension.
>
> So, it has finally been established that Mary Magdalene was the first to
> see the risen Christ along with James' mother. There may have been
> others who were with Mary at the empty tomb, but the risen Christ
> appeared to Mary first and then to James' mother. So, the two went to
> the apostles and told them they had seen the risen Christ. None of the
> Apostles were present to see the empty tomb for themselves. They were
> told about it by Mary, the first to see the miracle of the resurrection.

 I guess it's just what some people think of as "fun," but personally I can
find zero interest in any of this. To me it's like hearing a bunch of people
debating a nitpicky plot point in "The Lord Of The Rings," as if their opinion
*mattered*, or as if the nitpick about a work of fiction *mattered*.

The Bible is arguably *just* as fictional. It's as silly as people talking
about similarly nitpicky plot points in the Bhagavad-Gita, *also* a work of
fiction. It boggles my mind that people can debate it as if it weren't.

I have to think that what's going on is dueling egos -- "*My* opinion about
this fictional story is RIGHT, and all others are WRONG." What a waste of
life...

I think you're taking it all too seriously. No one else here is, except maybe
Ricky.