--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> That is one of the best ones. When I first watched it
> on TV many years ago I had a very powerful spiritual
> experience. I was watching the scene with Peter
> denying Christ and scurrying around trying to hide
> from people. I was thinking about this event in
> archetypal terms as people denying their own divinity
> when suddenly (it's always suddenly) I realized that I
> was the Christ. I just sat there stunned by this
> self-evident truth. I went into my room and looked at
> a picture of MMY and Guru Dev and clearly saw Christ
> shining through their eyes too. Then I realized that
> everybody is Christ. I also clearly realized that the
> story of Christ, the typical passion play, is so
> powerful because it is occuring every moment for
> everyone. It's the very structure of consciousness
> itself.

Interesting.  (As you know, I object to terms like
"deny" in this context because they imply
intentionality, but that's a quibble to your main
point.)

It would be neat if somebody would make a Jesus movie
based on the we-are-all-Christ idea, or, even better,
one that was designed to convey the experience.

How would you go about it?

I'd also love to see somebody do a film of Paul's
life and work.  Maybe that would be an even better
way to approach it, because he does give some hints
in his letters--"Not I, but Christ who lives in me,"
and so on.  Jesus doesn't seem to have taught this
explicitly, at least from the Gospel record.  Wonder
why not?

> Did you see the most recent TV passion play mini
> series several years ago? It had the woman who plays
> in Will and Grace in it as Mary Magdalene. It was
> quite good too (even with its dreadful parts). They
> emphasized the human, casual side of Jesus.

If I did, I've forgotten it, I'm afraid!  Who played
Jesus, do you recall?