Of course, the accuracy of one's NPI self-test score depends on one having
answered the questions honestly, as well as a certain amount of self-knowledge.
Those who are in denial about their own personality characteristics might well
achieve an abnormally low score.

 Note that the NPI self-test at Barry's link is not a diagnostic test for
Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It simply measures the degree of one's
narcissistic traits. We all have 'em to some extent; that's perfectly normal.
Very high scores might indicate the presence of NPD, but such a diagnosis can
only be made by a professional.

 Just for fun, here is a shortened version of the Narcissistic Personality
Inventory test used in this study that you can take online. My score was as
follows, although some here are so narcissistic that they'll claim I am just
trying to fuck with them.  :-)

 Your Total: 3

Between 12 and 15 is average.
Celebrities often score closer to 18.
Narcissists score over 20.

- See more and take the test yourself at:
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm

 An even shorter version of the test.  :-)

 Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder In order for a person to be
diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or
more of the following  symptoms:
 Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and
talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate
achievements) Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power,
brilliance, beauty, or ideal love Believes that he or she is "special" and
unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special
or high-status people (or institutions) Requires excessive admiration Has a
very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially
favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations Is
exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her
own ends Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the
feelings and needs of others Is often envious of others or believes that others
are envious of him or her Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or
attitudes

http://www.csub.edu/~cgavin/GST153/CelebrityStudy.pdf
http://www.csub.edu/%7Ecgavin/GST153/CelebrityStudy.pdf