which shrine?
On Thu, 1/16/14, doctordumb...@rocketmail.com <doctordumb...@rocketmail.com>
wrote:

 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Apostasy, is a terrible thing.
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 12:02 AM

       MJ, the next time I go to a TM facility I will
 let you know, and we can compare notes. Don't hold your
 breath - it has been a decade and a half, for me, so far,
 with no particular urge apparent. I did visit a Catholic
 shrine last summer - that was definitely a religious place.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...>
 wrote:

 then how do you
 account for the focus on yagyas, which are Hindu religious
 ceremonies, the continual focus on celebrating all the Hindu
 religious holidays and the act of the TMO leaders refering
 to themselves as rajas and continuing to both practice and
 promote a somewhat westernized form of Hinduism? Some,
 including the former skin boy I spoke with characterize the
 technique itself as a Hindu devotional practice designed to
 gain the favor of higher powers (gods and goddesses) and as
 such it really isn't a proper meditation unless you
 consider the devotional practice to be a meditation.

 Regardless of how it was presented by M, the technique
 remains a Hindu devotional practice and with all the other
 Hindu accoutrements that are draped all around the 20 mins.
 twice a day, I don't see how you can't see that M
 and the current TMO leaders have made it into a religion.

 Of course, one's perception guides all things, and if
 you don't perceive TM to be a religion, then it
 isn't for you, but that seems to be a bit of
 compartmentalization to me.

  On Wed, 1/15/14, doctordumbass@...
 <doctordumbass@...>