Akasha108 writes: big snip
If a leader is a reflection of the consciousness of their citizens and
Bush is mediocre -- Bush  doesn't have *stature*, tragic flaws, isn't
worthy of a history play, isn't an interesting personality, etc. then
perhaps America is getting "enlightened" and is simply less attached
to (any significance of) its imperfections, outer projections, and
returning karma. And/or Bush is simply a "method" to help culture such
an awareness in America's collective consciousness.

Tom T:
As a nation addicted to power and cheap oil we have the best leader we
could ever want. Bush the addict is leading us down the slippery slope
to the bottom that all addicts eventually find as the only way out.
Who else to lead us all there but the epitome of the dangerous addict
who will do anything he has to do to maintain his source. All addicts
protect their source and the ability to satisfy the craving. Old Bushy
here is in the same mode. Just watch him, clever and lying like hell
to keep the whole deal rolling forward. We are along for the ride.
Hope we all learn something and that it doesn't have to be total
bottom for all of us. TOm