You mean you give it a "kind of credence" that you think will give you an
opportunity to criticize and quibble, another try after having been corrected
on your first mistake.

 No particular credence need be given to what's obviously labeled speculation.
It's just a matter of allowing for various possibilities as opposed to making a
firm assumption.

 You made a bunch of speculations yourself in your previous post. Your ducks
are getting way out of line.

 << Judy, for all we know in this context is zilch. But by adding a detailed
scenario, you give a kind of credence to what comes after the phrase. Were you
in the debate club in high school or college? >>