Dear Bhairitu; I absolutely agree. For instance, I find the vibratory affect of
the maha saraswati mantra brings transcendental consciousness forward
throughout the energy fields of the human form. The Gayatri maha mantra
polishes marma points and chakras brightening them up and gets them spinning
right, and the Mrtyunjaya mantra facilitates the embodiment on earth of the
Purusha of the Unified Field in the architecture of the human subtle system,
and I don't even know what any of these mantras mean. I'm just a guy from Iowa.
It is just my experience. Each employed like we meditate with the sidhis for
periods of time makes a fabulous meditation.
 That in fact was the point of Maharishi's vedic science as modern science,
employing recitation of the sound value of slokas and mantras as his third
technique behind TM and the Patanjali yoga sutras. Either vocal intonation or
with just moving tongue and lips or mentally silent, creating the vibration of
healing spirituality in the whole central nervous system towards creating
Heaven on Earth within the heart of the human nervous system makes a fabulous
spiritual meditation.  Is time well spent. -Buck