Nabby, those others also talk extensively about spiritual experience and
enlightenment. Maybe some who have experiences talk about them, and some do
not. I just thought it was a peculiar generalisation you made. My experience
about people who talk of their own experiences is it creates a resonance
between them and their hearers, when people see others have experiences, they
are less likely to feel these kinds of experiences are rare or unattainable,
and are more likely to pursue them and feel they have a value. When I was
having occasional experiences of transcending in meditation many years ago, I
was always really interested in what people had to say about the end game,
about unity, realisation, even though I was not experiencing that. I think what
you want to inspire in people is the thought 'Well, gee, I can do that too,
it's not impossible after all!'

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Yogananda certainly did to aspire a love of God in others.

 Maharishi never did because it wasn't necessary since experience of meditation
over time itself is inspirational and because He didn't want attention to
Himself as a person. Amongst many, many other reasons.

 I have no idea what the two others you mention do or did.