Re "Since you took DMT, what did you personally experience?  How did you feel?
Did you see any visions?":

 Within seconds of inhaling the stuff visions are popping up in your entire
visual field. Weird, jester-type images - so fleeting you don't get a chance to
make sense out of the experience. (As impressive as the images are I always
felt it was my own mind creating them; it's just that my mind is a lot more
creative than I generally give it credit for.)
 DMT has to be the drug of the Trickster god - it's like finding yourself
inside a brightly coloured comic-strip with the Joker in charge of events. In
certain moods, it could all seem hilarious; Life as a cosmic joke. The problem
is that it only takes a slight nudge for "joke" to turn into an insane madhouse
ride with no purchase left for reason or any enduring values. I only tried it a
few times; those who take it a lot have said that a bad trip on DMT is 1)
inevitable, and 2) even scarier than a bummer on LSD. I'm happy to leave such
journeys to committed "psychonauts". Alan Watts' verdict on DMT as "amusing but
relatively uninteresting" sounds about right to me.

 My initial interest in the psychedelic was simply that DMT occurs naturally in
our brains - generated by the pineal gland (!) - and probably has a role to
play in our dreaming state. Because so many people who take the stuff
experience visions of elf-like creatures trying to interact with them there's
an intriguing speculation doing the rounds that people in the medieval past who
had experiences of being transported to caves inhabited by fairy beings, and
people today who have visions of being taken aboard UFOs by alien beings
were/are essentially having an involuntary DMT trip caused by their pineal
gland suddenly releasing too much of the chemical. (The whole experience lasts
from 15 to 30 minutes.) Popular science writer Clifford A. Pickover has
examined these theories if you're interested (but hasn't himself taken the
drug.). Follow this link and then click on the "DMT, Aliens, and God" link.
 http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/sdee-book.html
http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/sdee-book.html

 If you're ever tempted to try the stuff bear in mind that William Burroughs
was scared shitless by the drug.