S3,

 Thanks for your detailed description of a DMT trip.  I haven't tried it myself
and probably won't given the points you've described here.  But I am interested
in the possible explanations why this happens and the experiences appear to be
alike by those who take them.

 The pineal gland is a possible physical explanation for the visions.  But it's
also possible that these visions are actually manifestations of subtle beings
that exist in another dimension of space and consciousness and are picked up by
the mind at its heightened peak of receptivity by DMT.

 IMO, meditation can similarly make the mind sensitive enough to see these
subtle beings during the dream and waking states while in samadhi.

 So, my original proposal still holds in that the human consciousness can
attain the higher spacial dimensions other than spacetime.  However, these
higher spacial dimensions have seamlessly merged with the realm of
consciousness.

 IMO, these are the higher dimensions that the scientists are still looking for
in the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.  But the expensive complicated
machines cannot find them because these dimensions can only be detected by the
human brain which experiences the various states of consciousness, such as
waking, sleeping and dreaming.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <s3raphita@...> wrote:

 Re "Since you took DMT, what did you personally experience?  How did you feel?
 Did you see any visions?":

 Within seconds of inhaling the stuff visions are popping up in your entire
visual field. Weird, jester-type images - so fleeting you don't get a chance to
make sense out of the experience. (As impressive as the images are I always
felt it was my own mind creating them; it's just that my mind is a lot more
creative than I generally give it credit for.)
 DMT has to be the drug of the Trickster god - it's like finding yourself
inside a brightly coloured comic-strip with the Joker in charge of events. In
certain moods, it could all seem hilarious; Life as a cosmic joke. The problem
is that it only takes a slight nudge for "joke" to turn into an insane madhouse
ride with no purchase left for reason or any enduring values. I only tried it a
few times; those who take it a lot have said that a bad trip on DMT is 1)
inevitable, and 2) even scarier than a bummer on LSD. I'm happy to leave such
journeys to committed "psychonauts". Alan Watts' verdict on DMT as "amusing but
relatively uninteresting" sounds about right to me.

 My initial interest in the psychedelic was simply that DMT occurs naturally in
our brains - generated by the pineal gland (!) - and probably has a role to
play in our dreaming state. Because so many people who take the stuff
experience visions of elf-like creatures trying to interact with them there's
an intriguing speculation doing the rounds that people in the medieval past who
had experiences of being transported to caves inhabited by fairy beings, and
people today who have visions of being taken aboard UFOs by alien beings
were/are essentially having an involuntary DMT trip caused by their pineal
gland suddenly releasing too much of the chemical. (The whole experience lasts
from 15 to 30 minutes.) Popular science writer Clifford A. Pickover has
examined these theories if you're interested (but hasn't himself taken the
drug.). Follow this link and then click on the "DMT, Aliens, and God" link.
 http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/sdee-book.html
http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/sdee-book.html

 If you're ever tempted to try the stuff bear in mind that William Burroughs
was scared shitless by the drug.