--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@...  wrote:

> "If spiritual masters were regulated by the advertising standards
authority wouldn't they be fined for their false promises of "bliss
consciousness"?"

> If anything, they should be fined, for, on the one hand, holding out
the promise of "bliss consciousness", and, on the other, failing to
provide a technique to establish such a state. Without the technique, it
is like a bunch of Buddhists running around, talking about
"non-attachment", while reflecting, "Noggin-attachment", instead.

> There is such hunger in the world for spiritual progress, yet 99.999%
of the 'teachers' on the subject, have no clue.

But *I* do, which is why you should pay attention to *ME* and what *I*
say, rather than these know-nothings. Especially if they represent
2500-year-old Buddhist traditions rather than the
slightly-over-50-year-old "tradition" established by Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi when he made up the technique of Transcendental Meditation out of
whole cloth.

Besides, you should believe *ME*, because I'm so bloody *special*,
having realized the full potential of this slightly-over-50-year-old
"tradition," and thus being more enlightened than you are. *I* am the
one you should pay attention to, because...uh...well...I deserve it. *I*
will tell you the TRUTH about which techniques are effective (even
though I've never been trained in how to teach any of them) and will
tell you *better* than any of these other 99.999% of "teachers" (even
though I've never been one, and wouldn't even know how to *begin* to
teach TM, much less any other form of meditation).

So yeah, that's the ticket. Don't believe what any of these (spit)
Buddhists say. Believe *ME* because...uh...well...because I *want* you
to. The more people like you who focus on me and believe the stuff I
say, even though I've never had any training in anything I say, the
better off you'll be. Because *I* know the TRUTH, and 99.999% of the
spiritual "teachers" in the world don't. Besides, *I* am humble about
how incredibly special and highly evolved *I* am, and (spit) they
aren't.

Did I capture what you were trying to say adequately, Jimbo?  :-)