Yes, I am still getting the "classic" version of Yahoo Groups when I log in. Neo is only there not logged in. Earlier in the month I was searching for articles on why this happens and ran across a business user who was complaining about this because he has two accounts and one is getting Neo and the other "classic" and he wanted Neo on both.

The tiled icons on Windows 8 are because they have consolidated the mobile and desktop/laptop interface into one. Similar thinking behind Neo of course.

On 01/31/2014 08:00 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jackson wrote:

> So you have tried it and it works well?

*/It works great. Don't install any of the "includeware" that comes with it, unless you really want it, but the basic program works like gangbusters. No complaints, on any level. And, of course, you've still got the Win8 interface if you want it. Nothing is taken away, just your old Start menu and Taskbar capabilities added back in.

On Win7 I did most of my work out of either my Start menu links or the Taskbar links at the bottom. Double-clicking icons is so passe. So doing it with "tiles" that take over the whole screen and don't let you see other parts of the Desktop is *really* not my cuppa tea. One 30-second install and I had my Start menu back, and thus my old way of doing things back. Nerd Nirvana. :-)

For the information of (and possible infuriation of) people here who are still bitching about Neo, I've always figured that I still had the old classic interface because of existing settings on my computer that called the old interface back whenever I logged into Yahoo. But I installed new versions of Firefox and Chrome, navigated to FFL, and sure enough, what I saw was Neo. But then I just logged in on that screen, and I was right back to the old interface. Go figure.
/*