People seem to like the TM school in Skelmersdale. I think the parents like it
because of its reputation for good exam results and no trouble in the
classrooms. I wonder how much of that is down to small class sizes but we'll
see if it gets more popular.

 I'd send my kids there but for one thing: All the crap they inadvertently get
taught. I was staying with friends and there son, who was good at maths and
wanted to study physics, was telling his parents that he got an 'A' in Jyotish.
I was speechless that hey are allowed to teach bollocks like that - probably a
form of child abuse, or should be - I couldn't help thinking he'd have a hard
time at a proper university with a grounding in cosmology as dubious as that!

 I needn't have worried though as next time I saw him he'd rejected the whole
TM mythos and is now decently educated elsewhere. To their credit his parents
didn't make any fuss at all and respected his wishes to find his own path.
Others keep believing it, I'd like to know how many stick with it. Don't
suppose that finding out is a priority for the TMO.

 I don't even know if they are allowed to teach it in Skem anymore as its
funded by the government now and ought to be teaching the national curriculum
which is unlikely to include astrology or yagyas. Or even levitation.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...> wrote:

 One never knows what will attract some people - I met a young man the other
day who had just graduated high school and was all pumped up to go to MUM - he
and his mother had done the visitors weekend and everything. I asked how he
found out about TM and he said he was looking at some Beatles videos on youtube
and there was an advertisement for MUM. He wanted a spiritually based education
and so he checked it out.

 Needless to say after an hour of talking with me he and his mother decided to
look elsewhere for a school for him. Score one for the Light Side of the
Force!!! What surprised me a good deal was in the conversation I mentioned the
rajas and they had never heard of them. Not once during the entire Visitors
Weekend did they see or hear anything of the rajas, who they are, how much it
cost them to become rajas, nothing. Now they know about them, though as well as
a few other little tidbits.

 Altogether a satisfying conversation.
 On Mon, 2/3/14, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com