Of your shows, I'm watching Person of Interest and Justified. Another show that
I've been enjoying is The Blacklist. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm is starting
to wane in that the James Spader character is the only one who holds any
interest for me; better writing and casting could have made it a much better
show.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Just for the heck of it, because I've got the day off today and I'm sitting in
a cafe right now taking advantage of the relatively clement weather and the
sun, but I've gotta write about *something* for it to qualify as a "cafe
writing" break, so I guess TV is it.

I don't know about anyone else, but TABB (Time After Breaking Bad) has been a
real bitch. That series was so consistently excellent that it really gave you
something to look forward to every week. About the only mainstream shows that
have managed to fill that "I'll watch them every week no matter what" void are
"Justified," "True Detective," "Person Of Interest," and "Lost Girl." I still
give "Agents Of Shield" a try from time to time, hoping it will get better, but
so far it hasn't. Sigh.

Among new shows that I've stumbled upon, I'm giving a UK series called "The
Musketeers" a shot, but I doubt I'll continue. I'm also watching a series about
pirates called "Black Sails." This one I may continue watching. It's a prequel
to Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island," showing the origins of Captain
Flint and John Silver. Think the period authenticity, violence, sex, nudity,
good actors, and production values that "Spartacus" brought to gladiators, only
done with pirates. Sexy, fun, and so far replete with good performances from
the actors. Go figure.

What I'll be delving into soon, however, is a new set of great TV from
Scandinavia and other places around the world uploaded by a guy who has become
one of my "trusted resources" in the pirate 'verse. I'll download anything he
puts up, because so far *everything* he's ever posted has been great. He turned
me on to the original "The Killing" and "Borgen" and "Bron-Broen." So when he
uploads a batch of new stuff, at this point I just download it and look forward
to watching it.

The first of these new potential gems I'll watch later today is from Wales, and
all dialog was actually filmed twice, because they had to do it first in Welsh,
then in English. It's called "Hinterlands" and I've only seen the first few
minutes of it, but so far it'll be watchable just for the cinematography alone.

There's the full set of "Bron-Broen 2" with BBC subtitles, of course, which
I'll watch again to compare it with the fan-subbed version I had earlier.
There's a well-reviewed series from Israel called "Prisoners Of War (Hatufim)"
that I look forward to, and a series of mini-series specials called "Arne
Dahl." Not to mention a few movies I'd never heard of, but will watch simply
because he uploaded them. When you find someone with excellent taste, you've
really gotta appreciate that.

Anyone out there watching anything interesting?