---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

> http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/hoffman-junod?click=promo&src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1456_42689796

 Good article quotes from the Jesuit priest who worked with Hoffman while he
was filming "Doubt," which coincidentally is one of my favorite movies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/03/james-martin-philip-seymour-hoffman_n_4717228.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/03/james-martin-philip-seymour-hoffman_n_4717228.html

 The priest's full article about Hoffman is available here. His points about
the use of parables to evoke empathy is a good one. That is, IMO, the essence
of spiritual storytelling.

http://bustedhalo.com/features/the-gospel-according-to-philip-seymour-hoffman
http://bustedhalo.com/features/the-gospel-according-to-philip-seymour-hoffman

 Dammit, I figured he was a gentle and lovely human being and these two
articles confirm this. Now it is all even a greater loss. Talent, youth and
decency all left on the bathroom floor. I haven't seen "Doubt", I think it's
time.