> Your version is more detailed...I'd go with that. Some
> time ago when I lived in Fairfield Charlie Heath had
> some new jytoish software so he did my chart and saw
> that there was a specific period I was entering that I
> was at risk for an accident in a car. He also said
> that it seemed that no injury would occur. A few weeks
> later on my way to Iowa City, a women turned in front
> of me to go into the then new Wal Mart. I smacked
> right into her at 60MPH totaling her car and my car.
> Neither of us had a scratch. I told Charlie about it
> and he was so excited that he saw it coming. That's
> the only time I've ever been impressed by jyotish.

The other night I watched the film "Paycheck,"
based upon on a story by the great Philip K.
Dick.  As usual, the film didn't do justice
to the ideas in the original story, but it did
have one part that caught my ear, because it
summed up many of my feelings about Jyotish or
other methods of prognostication.  (I've never
been interested.)

In the film, they develop a machine that sees
into the future.  They see a war coming, so they
start doing things to prevent it, things that are
misinterpreted and cause the war.

The basic premise is that the drawback of "seeing
the future" is that once you've "seen" it and
convinced yourself it's true, you start subcon-
sciously trying to make it come about.

I'd rather just see what happens when it happens...