I never pay any attention to them. Why do you ask?

 << So what do you think about Netflix's recommendations of shows for you?

 Well, let's take a look at what you actually said:
 "I looked at some articles on this a couple weeks ago.  However their
suggestions are about as relevant as what Google or Amazon recommends..."

 Which, you know, makes it appear that "this" refers to the relevance of
Netflix's suggestions. And that (as I said) is not what the article I
recommended is about. Nor is it about what you go on to talk about in your next
paragraph:

 You seemed to have missed that I said this information is a couple weeks old.
You are also forgetting that I'm a programmer and was well aware of heuristic
procedures being used to determine tastes.  In fact I am on home theater forums
where this is discussed quite a bit including your aforementioned article.  And
being in the entertainment industry know how we "engineer" products to appeal
to tastes.

 It seems that you do not, in fact, know what this particular article is about.
Nothing to do with determining or appealing to tastes, you see.

 But heaven forbid you actually read the article and find out.

 Oh, and what did the folks on your home theater forums have to say about Perry
Mason? >>