A new study says that educated people marrying each other has increased
inequality by 25 percent:

"Okay, it probably isn't fair to blame Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan for our
widening income gap. But it is fair to say that When Harry Met Sally tells
us something about why the rich have been getting so much richer than
everyone else. That's high-earning college grads marrying each other--which
a new paper estimates has increased inequality by 25 percent."

'How When Harry Met Sally Explains Inequality'
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/02/how-i-when-harry-met-sally-i-explains-inequality/283517/