---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Oh nice, I know Hebden bridge, went for a day out there from Skelmersdale when
I was hanging with the movement. Proper nice country town with loads of great
walks in every direction. You can't go wrong. Unless you get lost on the
moors....

 Apart from the Yorkshire Dales which is a must visit, you're just north of the
Peak District national park which is a stirring landscape and, depending when
you go, can be really windswept and bleak, I like that sort of thing and always
tend to holiday out of season as it's less crowded and more dramatic. Spring
and summer are the same as anywhere else in England. Lots of nice towns to
visit like Buxton and Bakewell. There will be tourist info centres with maps of
the best walks. And tea rooms galore!

 Didn't know about the Hebden lesbian scene though. Probably why I never got
lucky on holiday. Ahem...

 Heh, good one. Thanks again for the info, I'll send you pictures, maybe even
of a lesbian or two. We aren't traveling until August but I'll keep you posted.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 Thanks so much for your info on Yorkshire. From what you said and from one
brief visit there a long time ago I think it will make a nice change from
London even though I adore that city. My sister lives in LA and gets all sorts
of house exchange offers all over the world so this one where we will be
staying in in Hebden Bridge. Here are a couple of links:

 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16962898
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16962898

 http://www.hebdenbridge.co.uk/tourist-info/index.html
http://www.hebdenbridge.co.uk/tourist-info/index.html