"...without permission from your carrier, is still a crime. It's difficult
to find another issue that has such overwhelming and bipartisan support,
and it's difficult to understand why Congress still refuses to act."

'One Year Later, Unlocking Your Phone Is Still A Crime'
http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/08/one-year-later-unlocking-your-phone-is-still-a-crime/