---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 I admit, I found it awfully strange that when Robin first came on board he had
that "wall of words" manner of writing.  It seemed like a rather large blind
spot on his part, since it made what he wrote almost unreadable.

 And I remember Barry 2 speaking up, and then Robin started breaking things
into paragraphs.

 Now, I guess Judy did clue me into one aspect of his writing, that is, his
12,000 word posts were written for posterity, if I understand it correctly.

 As I understand it, Robin decided to venture onto FFL as a result of an
invitation (from Rick?) and as an exercise, a sort of meta therapeutic
venturing forth in the form of this internet forum. I don't think he had really
investigated this type of format before other than for a few months on the alt.
blahdadeblah (can't remember the name) forum. Judy will know all this history.
But I don't think he wrote what he did at FFL for "posterity". This was pretty
much an exercise for his own benefit. At least that is how I remember him
talking about it.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu wrote:

> I was raised to not let anyone bully me. So in the late 1960s when
> there were all kinds of "cult leader" types I just blew them off. When
> Robin showed up here you may recall I told him in a message to break up
> his wall of words as I felt that people might be interested in what he
> had to say. To me a "wall of words" shows worse than misspellings that
> the writer is ignorant or poorly educated.

 It's not necessarily an education thang. Some people are simply not aware of
the short attention spans of Internet- and soundbyte-impaired readers these
days. They find it almost impossible to read a Wall Of Words. Therefore, if you
wish to communicate, you use shorter paragraphs.

However, according to my friend the psychiatrist who is an expert on
Narcissistic Personality Disorder, writing in Wall Of Words style -- especially
when you see it happening in someone who has been well educated -- is one of
the key markers they look for when diagnosing NPD. Wall Of Words writers don't
CARE if they're communicating, and neither do NPD writers.

 > Then at one point he went
> off on one of my posts and finished by saying "now tell me you love
> me." I thought "wha...?" Rather than berate such cult leader like
> behavior I treated it like a joke and told him how funny he was. That
> seemed to throw him off his game. :-D
>
> I feel sorry for someone who can't shed the need to feel important.
> There may indeed be no cure for someone with severe NPD. When someone
> dares order me around in person I just stare at them. That really fucks
> them up.

 We're both lucky in having avoided the Boss Syndrome for much of our lives.
There is a certain freedom in being a consultant that helps when dealing with
life's Petty Tyrants. My friend the shrink was familiar with the works of
Carlos Castaneda, and he referred to Carlos' descriptions of the Petty Tyrant
often when teaching me about NPD.