Yeah you're right. I met him at MIU one time - I was there for a course and my
mother had threatened me with dire consequences if I didn't get his autograph
for her. So I went up and stammeringly asked if he would - he was super nice
about it and signed a poster of himself I bought for my mother so she was
happy. We were waiting outside the flying hall and chatted a few minutes. He
was a real nice man the few minutes I interacted with him.

The way our minds believe things we want to believe is so crazy - a good
example is the quote from David Sieveking on the Raja Emmanuel incident in
Germany some years ago.

The Raja was not speaking out of ignorance, according to Sieveking: "He knows
about Adolph Hitler. He knows about the Nazis. He definitely didn’t know how
controversial his statements would be. He’s become very narrow-minded in his
world-view that consists only of Maharishi's teachings. He was crowned by 'His
Holiness Maharishi,' who is considered by true believers in the TM movement as
godlike. He’s not a human being to them -- he can’t do wrong, he's perfect.
When someone like the Maharishi crowns you as 'King of Germany' and tells you
that you are now responsible for your country, you can easily lose connection
with reality."

Sieveking believes Emanuel’s poor choice of words was the result of having been
immersed and isolated in the TM movement for 40 years: “This is the kind of
autocratic system that could -- I say could -- also be used in a fascist way.
If there is only one enlightened super leader who has all truth in him, then it
leads to arrogance towards anyone else. This is the way they treat criticism;
they are not able to have a dialogue."