noozguru, I guess that means that everyone in the FFLounge is a brahmin (-:

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:00 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

The levels of the caste system seem to play out in nature BUT people are not
locked into any particular caste.  It has more to do with dharma.  I've heard
Indians lecture that anyone who pursues intellectual achievement is a brahmin.

On 02/12/2014 04:48 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:

>and exactly what does that mean given the fact that the caste system was a
>bullshit deal set up by the brahmins to ensure their continued domination in
>their society?
>On Wed, 2/12/14, jr_...@yahoo.com <jr_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: VERY interesting take on
              the vedas by an Indian writer
>To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
>Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 5:44 AM

>Lawson,
>Compared
>to the general American public, TMers can be considered as
>brahmins, or twice born, since all of us have gone through
>the initiation to the meditation tradition of Gurudev.
> But there are those TMers who have relinquished this
>title by words and actions.
>Also,
>by reason, those who have earned to become a brahmin
              should
>be considered as such.  But not all persons born to the
>brahmin caste are qualified to be considered as one if
              they
>don't act accordingly.  IMO, that's where the
>present caste system in India has failed to
>recognize..
>
>---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...>
>wrote:
>
>Maharishi's
>take on these things was often exactly what he heard from
>Gurudev. I've read comments from famous gurus/spiritual
>leaders in India who knew Gurudev and then heard Maharishi
>speak, and they basiclly said he did a good job of
>channeling his guru.
>And
>really, that is all he ever claimed he was doing for most
              of
>the history of the TM organization.
>He
>made it clear where he changed things: he chose to use
>"householder" mantras, and he simplified things as
>much as he possibly could with respect to teaching TM, and
>may have simplified the practice itself. But he never
>explained in detail the changes or what Gurudev taught him
>exactly.
>But,
>my friend Anoop Chandola had a chance to meet the
              successor