Yes, I love the idea that we are insignificant specks that won't even be
noticed by of the rest of the universe. Life on Earth will be a light that
flared briefly before returning to darkness, the second law of thermodynamics
in all its sinister and inevitable glory.

 And it makes it all seem so much more precious to me that we seem to have got
here self propelled and without any interference from gods or aliens, I get a
sense of wonder that is probably the same as everyone elses but don't like
ascribing it to whatever without good reason The total perspective vortex that
cosmology has turned into would have shocked the theists of old utterly rigid,
which is why I feel honoured to be around now when all this stuff is being
discovered, it's so much better for being just what it is.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 Exactly where the people who prefer to believe in God and Woo Woo never want
to go.

 What I've never understood is why so many people react so strongly to being
considered what they are -- insignificant and ordinary. Seems to me that's the
very essence of enlightenment, if it exists.