> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "peterklutz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I am also convinced that many of them also have reached the required
> > physiological degree of purity to sustain that state which allows
> > them to levitate, but that the ambient atmosphere is fore-checking
> > this and holding them back.
>
> My guess is that there is some level on which most
> yogic flyers don't *really* believe true levitation
> (i.e., hovering and beyond, not just Really Big Hops)
> is possible.  They may believe it on an intellectual
> basis, but not in their gut.

Exactly.  I think that's the factor that makes
all the difference.  And in my opinion it can't
be overcome intellectually.  The belief you
speak of is *not* at an intellectual level.  As
you say, it's a "gut" experience.  Quite literally,
your *body* has to believe that the sidhi is
possible.

Interestingly enough, one of the benefits of
witnessing the sidhis is being able to sit in
their energy field.  If you are sitting close
enough to witness the sidhi, you are sitting
within the aura of the state of attention
that makes the sidhi possible.  It is a
transformative experience.  The energy field
is so powerful that your *body* can't resist
it.  You get to "wear" that state of attention
for a little while, to experience first-hand
what it feels like to be in the mindstate from
which that sidhi is possible.  It's just the
damnedest thing.  Words fail me.