Inside the Cloud Giants

Rackspace's UK cloud datacentre:

[image: Inline image 3]

Rackspace's Slough-based datacentre houses the hardware for its UK cloud,
along with the other servers rented by its customers. It has 1,600 racks in
place, of which 120 support its cloud.

http://www.zdnet.com/inside-rackspaces-uk-cloud-datacentre/<http://www.zdnet.com/inside-rackspaces-uk-cloud-datacentre-3040092968/>

[image: Inline image 2]

"The data center industry is flourishing in Oregon, drawn by relatively
cheap power and by "enterprise zone" tax breaks that can save a big project
several millions of dollars -- or more -- annually by exempting their
expensive computers from property taxes that other businesses pay."

'Rackspace near $2 million deal to buy 99 acres for data center at the Port
of Morrow'
http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/rackspace/<http://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/index.ssf/2012/08/rackspace_near_2_million_deal.html>

[image: Inline image 1]

Rackspace:
http://www.rackspace.com/

"Rackspace Inc. is an IT hosting company based in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
The company also has offices in Australia, the United Kingdom, Switzerland,
Israel, The Netherlands and Hong Kong, and data centers operating in Texas,
Illinois, Virginia, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Hong Kong. The
company's email and apps division operates from Blacksburg, VA; other
offices are located in Austin, TX and San Francisco, CA."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rackspace

Data Centers - The Cloud