^5

On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 9:23 AM, "authfri...@yahoo.com"
<authfri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Or whether you started out by dissing the people ("people from New Jersey
aren't terribly smart") and then saw your support for that dis (Jersey Shore)
crash and burn. Oooooooopsie! Time for Barry to pretend he never intended to
dis people from New Jersey, just the place itself. But he can't make that stick
either because New Jerseyans--and anyone who's spent time exploring New
Jersey--know better.

If there was ever a guy who exemplified the phrase "can't win for losing," it's
Barry.

I guess it depends on whether you *dis* with a smile or a frown. BTW, I know
Delaware has only 1 *L*.*

I just don't understand how anyone can get their buttons pushed by someone
dissing the town or city or state or even country they live in. These places
are *places* -- they're not you. Overreacting to anyone dissing them strikes me
as almost as nonsensical and stupid as being "patriotic" about one's country.

________________________________
 From: Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@...>
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Armpit of America

When I think of Jersey, I think of Joe Piscopo, "I'm from Joisey. You from
Joisey?" My brother-in-law was from Trenton and showed me the sign on the
bridge over the Dellaware river that says "Trenton Makes the World Takes and
said it really should read "What the World RefusesTrenton uses".

On Tuesday, March
4, 2014 11:47 PM, TurquoiseBee