From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:33 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] a REALLY important meditator meeting today 1:30pm

It's obviously fulfilling some sort of function for them, I wonder if they log
off at the end of the day with a sense of satisfaction of a job well done?

What I wonder about is what some of them -- such as the woman who has been
doing this non-stop for almost 20 years now -- will do when they "log off" at
the end of LIFE. Will they put on their headstones:

I NEVER LOST AN ARGUMENT ON THE INTERNET
SO THERE

It reminds me of these twitter spats that go viral, someone says something
vaguely contraversial and the rest of the world tries to get them to apologise.
I don't know why because it would be howlingly insincere if they did, but they
get badgered incessantly until they do. The point of it seems to be control, a
sort of "You may disagree with the herd but we'll humiliate you by getting you
to publicly say something you don't believe" It seems to make people feel
better. Go figure.

It's a control issue. And the element of control can be completely and totally
petty, such as feeling that they "forced" Nabby to post the way that *they*
want him to post so that they can obsess more easily on meaningless shit said
on an unimportant chat forum so that they can better argue about it. Or that
they "forced" Share (or someone else they obsess about) to respond to them.

Don't any of these people have LIVES?