Anyone who's been paying attention has been aware for some time that Barry has
been sinking more and more deeply into his fantasy world. This present post is
one of the starker recent examples. There isn't a reality-based statement in
it. Yet, in Barry's increasingly warped mind, he's telling us things "we all
know." It seems that part of his fantasy world is the belief that all the rest
of us are in it with him.

 The other weird thing about it is that it's the umptieth iteration of Barry's
unsuccessful effort to get readers to not interact with the folks he doesn't
like. As Einstein is said to have pointed out, the definition of insanity is
doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

 We all know who they are. The ultimate "confrontation junkie" on this forum,
of course, was Robin Carlsen, whose whole *ACT* revolved around saying
something provocative about someone else here, and then trying to goad them
into replying, and thus engaging in a one-on-one argument with him.

Second, we all know where this behavior comes from -- it's classic Narcissistic
Personality Disorder. *Everything* is based on trying to lure others into these
direct confrontations so that the narcissist can then "prove" themselves (in
their minds) "superior" or "right" or "more truthful" or whatever it is they
have convinced themselves they just "have" to prove.

Third, I think we all know why Robin's primary cult groupies Ann and Judy
*became* cult groupies in the first place. He just ran the same confrontation
act they do, but better. So in their warped minds, that made him admirable.

The fourth thing we all know -- just from watching the confrontation junkies'
behavior -- is the thing that pisses them off and frustrates them the most, and
makes them the most crazy. It's when people DON'T FALL FOR IT, and just blow
them off. Curtis did this to Robin, who reacted by first going even crazier
than usual, and then by running away with his tail between his legs.

So the answer of how to deal with such pests seems obvious to me. DON'T RESPOND
TO THEM. The confrontation junkies literally *feed* on the responses they get
to the argument-starters and insults they post. The content of the response
doesn't matter; all that matters to them is that they were able to provoke a
response.

So starve them out: DON'T RESPOND. Let them keep trying to provoke the
confrontations they can't seem to do without, and just keep ignoring them.
Chances are they'll eventually run away, too, just like their sicko cult leader
did.

Just a suggestion.

You can do it to me, too, if you find my posts somehow offensive or
confrontational. I won't mind a bit...