Made it to the Web site, too.

 turq, I saw that post to Steve so it must have made it to email. Go figure!

 On Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:20 AM, "steve.sundur@..." <steve.sundur@...>
wrote:

   I would peg new initiations ranging between 10-20/mo., and probably closer
to the lower number.

 Thanks. I posted a later correction indicating that it was you I was really
asking these questions of, not Michael, but it has never made it to email for
some reason. Yahoo sucketh.

 From: "steve.sundur@..." <steve.sundur@...>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 1:03 PM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Meditating Fairfield, Iowa and Unity Village
Kansas City

   It was me Barry, and I will speak generally since I do wish to stay somewhat
anonymous.  But in my area, a teacher has come and generated activity that
hasn't been seen in some time.  As far as initiations, we are talking on the
order of maybe 20/month. And this is in addition to activity that had already
been taking place.  As far as that activity, (original activity), I have no
idea.
 Fee structure has come down to below $1,000.00, and can be paid in
installments. The new activity I'm referring to has nothing to do with DLF.

 The extent of the "upsell" has to do with Residence Courses.

 You see some people (old mediators) coming out the woodwork attending advanced
lectures, and making referrals. And you see some new outreach having results.

 Can you expand upon this, Michael?

 - Where do you get your information from about the numbers of people starting
TM?

 - What kind of numbers are you talking about? 10s? 100s? 1000s?

 - Where is this supposedly happening -- among people from the general public
learning TM, or as part of some program offered by the DLF and thus subsidized
by donations?

 - Please expand upon the "fee structure" you mention. What do you believe it
costs to learn TM these days, and where can we check this?

 Thanks.

 As I've said many times, I would have few problems with the basic TM
technique, as long as it was advertised and presented as what it is -- a
simple, easily learned technique of sitting meditation, no better than any
other -- and offered at a fair price.

 It's the decades of "baggage" that "comes with" TM and the attempt to "upsell"
everyone to buy other TM-related products that I can't support.