On 03/23/2014 09:38 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:
*From:* Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Sunday, March 23, 2014 5:24 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Violet and Daisy mini movie review

BTW, the second season of "Line of Duty", all episodes, is now available in the US on HuluPlus. That's just a little over a month after it played in the UK.

Now THAT is a good series. Compelling from start to finish, with excellent characterization *and* plot. It is very, very, very rare that a writer of crime / conspiracy plots can keep me hanging until the very end of the series without having figured everything out, but Jed Mercurio did. I think Keeley Hawes is already considered to have a lock on a BAFTA nomination for her work in it, and Mercurio himself will almost certainly be nominated again himself as writer/creator.

BTW, not to prolong my dumping on "The 100" but to explain further, it's not that I dislike "Young Adult" movies and TV made from popular YA novels as a whole. Yes, the "Twilight" series sucked dead dogs, but I actually enjoyed many parts of the "Hunger Games" series. It's just that this one was a retread of old 1960s SciFi ideas packaged so as to appeal to a drugged-out, energy drink-swilling, not-terribly-bright YA audience. I choose not to be one of them. :-)

So of these ideas need to be repackaged for younger audiences. "Continuum" which began it's third season in Canada a couple weeks ago and starts the 4th of April in the US doesn't really have that many new ideas either but it is an interesting show.

I tried "Star Crossed" and the "Tomorrow People" on the CW and lasted one episode of each. OTOH, I've been a "Supernatural" fan for years but then it's target audience is older.

I watched two episodes of "Line of Duty" season 2 last night and will watch a couple more tonight. Hulu didn't overload it with commercials either with probably 4 breaks of a minute each. Some folks are dropping their Hulu+ subscriptions because of increasing commercials. Hulu which is otherwise free on the Internet may have just one episode a week of "Line of Duty". They did that with "Bron Broen" but had all episode available on Plus.