Do you think I would have had the super deep experiences I did have, like
seeing the white pearl, to name one? Now I know the blue pearl is standard
fare, but my pearl was white, and I'm not joking.  That white pearl was
beautiful.

 I can't see me having that experience with Benson's technique, but who knows.