From: "emilymae...@yahoo.com" <emilymae...@yahoo.com>

To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Post Count Fri 21-Mar-14 00:15:03 UTC

I agree that there was definitely something about Rama.  I don't really have a
theory and come from a place of ignorance on the topic of "enlightenment" -
having never studied, read about, or pursued such a state. However, people are
born with different levels of sensitivity - that I believe, so I rested there
in what I said..look at the writeup of Rick's latest interview.

Emily, I was there. At Ground Zero. And while I agree with you that there was
something about Rama, I have no more theories than you do as to what that
"something" was.

It was what it was, and that was at times a marvelous Disneyland E-ticket ride.
If I remember him at all (which honestly, I don't do all that much), I try to
remember the good parts of the ride.

As I said previously, I've read autobiographies, and biographies of people who
were said to be enlightened.  A few that come to mind are Yogananda,
Muktananda, Ramakrishna, Vivekenanda, with a very notable mention for Elizibeth
Haich.  I've read books by them, or about them, and I came way feeling that
they were enlightened. Whatever enlightenment means.  But whatever it is, I
felt they had it.

I had the same feeling when I read the transcripts of the interviews with Fred
Lenz.

What you speculate below makes as much sense as anything else.  That of course
is your take away.

Now whether the enlightenment of a teacher gives way sex with students, or
other activities not normally associated with being enlightened, I don't have
an answer for it, and it doesn't negate the fact that they may be enlightened,
at least for me.

For me, I feel I've made the most progress spiritually when I don't attempt to
judge people, places, or things.  I try to look at things in a cool manner, and
by doing so, I feel I sometimes gain particular insights.  I think that may be
something I picked up from the Carlos Castenades books.  I'm a little tired so
I can't remember accurately.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

Re:  I happen to be in the camp that thinks Fred had achieved a remarkable
level of consciousnesses.

I have no idea what that means, honestly...."a remarkable level of
consciousness."  My sense is that he had skills and abilities that not everyone
has...perhaps he was born with them, perhaps he discovered them along the way.
Kind of like those people that have skills to communicate with animals, for
example, they are just wired that way, or particularly sensitive in that
certain way and able to recognize it.  But, in Fred Lenz's case, he fell prey
to his own narcissism and illusions and drug addictions, etc. and....it didn't
go well for him or for those who invested themselves in or with him as their
"teacher" and "leader."

Sure, I understand.  I happen to be in the camp that thinks Fred had achieved a
remarkable level of consciousnesses.  For me it is based on the transcripts of
two interviews he gave.  Maybe going back, I might feel differently.  But I've
read my share of books on, or about, supposed enlightened people.  Sometimes
that quality really shines through. That was the feeling I was left with after
reading the interviews.

His practice of different siddhis? No idea  But as you say, they were observed
by many people.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

Nope, I can't.  But, I believe that Mark L. and others had the early
experiences they did with Fred. I am not weighing in on the how or why of it
all.  Notice Steve, that I've left myself an enormous amount of wiggle room
here using the phrase "altered perception."  Many things can create an
experience of altered perception - hypnosis, drugs, meditation, etc.

Emily, can you elaborate on how this typically works?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote :

Why Richard, why....do you continue to obsess on Fred Lenz?  Why oh why oh why?
 Rama had the ability to alter one's perception...well before the drugs took
over.  He's not the only one who had/has this ability. Get over it.

On 3/25/2014 8:44 AM, TurquoiseBee