This is first of all, quite funny and I think you should turn it into a novel -
the premise is quite good.
On Thu, 4/3/14, TurquoiseBee <turquoi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: [FairfieldLife] SuperDooperStition
 To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 Date: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 1:00 PM

 From: Michael
 Jackson <mjackso...@yahoo.com>
  To:
 FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
  Sent:
 Thursday, April 3, 2014 1:09 PM
  Subject: Re:
 [FairfieldLife] Re: Soma and the Gods

       my revulsion is the idea that Marshy would teach
 this crap - as the writer of the article said, Marshy was
 the only one around who taught this stuff. It smacks of not
 just Hinduism but really superstitious Hinduism. If you can
 believe what Chopra wrote about M after he croaked, he was a
 superstitious man and passed that crap onto his sycophants.
 I mean, anyone who would tell folk to run hide when a solar
 eclipse is in the offing?

 I would say, Michael, that Maharishi was not only
 superstitious, but possibly the most superstitious person
 I've ever met in my life. He saw "omens" in
 pretty much *everything* he saw around him.

 I've told the story of seeing him walk into the meeting
 hall in Squaw Valley and finding that the night crew had not
 finished cleaning the room. As a result,
  all of the chairs were piled upside down on the tables,
 obviously so that people could sweep and vacuum and mop
 under them. When Maharishi saw this, he visibly blanched (I
 was standing only a few feet away), halted in his tracks,
 and refused to enter the room. He turned around, backtracked
 through the hordes of people who had just given him flowers,
 and exited, refusing to come back until all of the chairs
 had been set upright. When I asked Jerry about it later (he
 was my initiator, and I knew him from the L.A. center), he
 said that seeing chairs upside down was considered a
 "bad omen" and that Maharishi wouldn't enter
 until it was removed. Go figure, for a supposedly
 enlightened (and thus invincible) guy.

 We've also heard how he interpreted an icicle forming on
 the balcony of his digs in Vlodrop as a divine manifestation
 of the god Shiva. Perhaps it was, and the reason was that
 Maharishi had generated an enormous amount of stomach soma
 that
  day, and Shiva was thanking him for his efforts. :-)

 I jest, but the serious part is that Maharishi not only
 believed in the many superstitions he held, he taught them
 as if they were truth. And people *bought* them as if they
 were truth.

 The generation of an "enlightenment endorphin" or
 chemical as the result of enlightenment is not a new idea.
 This process being located in the gut and gods feeding off
 of it like vampires is kinda weird, but I'd give it a
 pass if it had been presented as fiction.

 I mean, think about it. It's the perfect basis for a TV
 series.

 You could call it "True Soma," and set it in the
 future, when the Age Of Enlightenment has finally full
 dawned and "almost everyone" is practicing TM and
 the TMSP and living in fully-Vastu compounds generating
 veritable vats of soma for the gods to feast on. Into this
 paradise come a bunch of Off The Program Misfit Heretics,
 who in a fit of unstressing have taken
  offene at the gods pigging out on their soma. They've
 hired rogue chemists, and are trying to synthesize soma and
 market it as "True Soma" to the masses, even those
 few who have refused to embrace the Age Of Enlightenment and
 thus still <spit> non-meditators.

 The kicker of the series is that on the one hand the rebels
 ARE doing this out of compassion for their fellow man,
 wanting them to be able to enjoy the many benefits of
 stomach soma themselves. But on the other hand, they're
 doing it because they're sick and damned tired of the
 gods feasting on their energy and leaving far too little of
 it for them. They just want these Bramhaloka-dwelling,
 soma-sucking bastids off their backs.

 The drama (there *has* to be drama, because this is a
 Neo-Hindu future, after all...and it's on TV) is that
 the gods, being accomplished Siddhi-Masters and all, have
 looked into the future and have 'seen' that the
 artificial soma eventually produced by
  these heretics may work OK for the masses to give them a
 buzz, but to the gods it tastes like donkey piss. Worse than
 cheap Mexican beer. Way worse. So they're not at all
 happy about these misfits and their attempts to start a new
 beverage company. They want no part of this artificial soma
 revolution, and want humans to keep churnin' out the
 Good Stuff by meditating and bouncing on their butts half
 the day. ("Program" is longer in this future
 era.)

 Suffice it to say the whole thing turns into an epic battle
 between the heretics and the gods that puts the battle
 scenes in the Bhagavad-Gita righteously in the shade.
 It's real CGI Heaven, because by now both the heretics
 and the gods are full-blown Siddhi Masters, and fiery
 vajra-weapons are flyin' from both sides. We've
 already signed Brad Pitt to play our version of Arjuna,
 Johnny Depp to play the leader of the rebel heretics
 <spit> Barry, and Sir Anthony Hopkins to play Shiva,
 on the gods'
  side. Tony is already practising his "I ate
 Barry's liver with a glass of S-S-S-Soma and it was
 Divine" line.

 :-)