I'm asking you. You're the one who knows her and who is making the claims on
her behalf. Again, read what you wrote:

 "She told me the other day that
Marshy's superstitious crap he taught like the humans as
a buffet line for soma eating Hindu gods really rubs Hindus
the wrong way. And her Hindu friends who were born in India
feel the same way she says."

 "Somewhat scoffing terms" really doesn't cover "humans as a buffet line" or
"ravening Gods jostling each other to feed at the stomachs of TMers..."
Maharishi didn't describe anything remotely like that, so I'd say the writer
did make it up.

 It may well be that "the fact that M, a Hindu, can straightfaced claim that
soma is a substance produced by the human digestive system and that Hindu gods
drink that refined product is food itself for derision," but if so, why isn't
that enough? Why do you have to make it sound so much more like a bad horror
movie than what he actually said?

 I think you're afraid, like Barry, that the straight story isn't going to turn
folks off as much as you want them to be turned off.

 contact her and ask her if you want to know - she was actually referring to
other aspects of his teaching as well, tho she did not say specifically what. I
sent her both links so she may have read both pages. I read, as you call it,
the "actual transcript" and tho the author of the piece on it did describe it
in somewhat scoffing terms, he didn't make anything up. The fact that M, a
Hindu, can straightfaced claim that soma is a substance produced by the human
digestive system and that Hindu gods drink that refined product is food itself
for derision. He was either superstitious or a monumental liar. I vote for
both.
 On Fri, 4/4/14, authfriend@... mailto:authfriend@... <authfriend@...