 From: "anartaxius@..." <anartaxius@...>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, April 4, 2014 10:16 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Research Shows Absence of People Reduces Crime

How could I have missed that?

I had to look twice at your Subject line before I got your joke, but as it
turns out, even a total absence of people might not reduce crime at all. Crime
-- as we know it, such as murder -- exists in animal species. For example, a
little-known fact about all those peaceable, New Age-loving dolphins is that
every so often a group of them will just decide to gang up on another dolphin,
seemingly at random, and punch him to death with their snouts.

Go figure. Maybe the offending dolphin wasn't saying "So long and thanks for
all the fish" properly.  :-)