When the old Maytag dryer that came with the house stopped working about 10 years ago (or more) I went out and bought the cheapest dryer. Why? Because it was what the apartment complex I lived in before had. It's still working strong. Go figure.

Both the dishwasher and clothes washer are working well except that the bottom rack on the dishwasher is crumbling. I ordered what was supposed to be a new one from GE and it was the wrong part even though online it showed it as the right part so sent it back. I found the right part out of an east coast parts store for $155 before shipping. Figured with that I might as well just put in a new dishwasher.