 The Turqs rants about Maharishi is just a way to sidetrack that he was member
of the Rama Cult, one of the weirdest cults in the western world.

 Possibly "one of the weirdest" but for sure headed by someone with one of the
worst hairdos I've seen. That and the fact that his appears about as smarmy and
oily as the worst kind of salesman. Not appealing on any level. I have a
visceral reaction if I watch the guy talk - all oozy and creepy. Rather
snake-like actually. So what is weird is that anyone would want to hang around
him - definitely a creep vibe goin' on there.