--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "markmeredith2002"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Your "research" is done by TBs within the org. and published by
its
> > > own journals
> >
> > Er, no, it's mostly published in independent journals,
> > many of them peer-reviewed.
>
> I was referring specifically to research on witnessing and breath
> suspension which I doubt was published in a peer reviewed journal.

You're quite wrong.

> In terms of tm research in general in the past 20 yrs, I estimated a
> couple yrs ago that about 95% was done by TMO insiders and about 80%
> published in TMO publications or just delivered as an address at
some
> conference, which the TMO incorrectly refers to as published.

Pubmed doesn't list TM journals OR conference proceedings.

> could not find any replication references to any of the studies.
This
> estimation was done based on a quick look at a TMO website with a
long
> list of studies.
>
> I'm not saying that some of the findings, esp physiological, aren't
> real, but I think someone is very naive to not discount inside tmo
> research due to the heavy marketing influence.  I've heard from ex
mum
> professors and ex grad students of the heavy pressure put on mum
> researchers to come up with positive results - basically to do the
> study over and over and keep changing the statistical analysis until
> you get what the university wants to hear.  This is esp true with
the
> maharishi effect work.

I'm aware of that regarding the ME stuff thought the DC-ME study was
pretty straightfoward in its statistics. However, the breath
suspension studies are quite acknowledgedly performed on cherry-
picked individuals, so there's no need to hide skewing of research
since its literally built into the design openly. Also, for the
studies done in collaboration with non-MUM/non-TM researchers, and
even the TM/MUM-only stuff done with government grant money, there's
a far greater degree of scientific rigor than the stuff that only
appears at conferences or in "Collected Papers volume XX."