Ah, a familiar tale of small town corruption. Someone should make a movie out
of it...

 Our beloved prime minister has just decided he believes in god, there might be
some votes in it so why not? He described England as a Christian country and
got a lot of stick for it by other faiths, atheists and people who just don't
like him (everyone I know).

 But it is a Christian country, even though most of us aren't we still have the
cultural values and the pagan holidays dressed up us Christian ones. I like
churches anyway. But being religious doesn't make me want to vote for someone.
I'm indifferent to what people believe. How they act is what matters and
politicians are too devious to trust anyway most of the time.

 Will there ever be an atheist president or prime minister?

 Well, the main paper seems to ignore all but the most blatant and egregious
enormities of the local politicians. The capitol city's current mayor Steve
Benjamin replaced Bob Coble who was by all accounts one crooked sob. But
Benjamin, the first black mayor ever of Columbia, SC has the distinction of
starting his tenure with putting a woman in the hospital. The night he won the
election he apparently stayed up all night "celebrating" and then at about 5:30
am he was on his way to an interview when he rammed the car of a waitress who
had just gotten off work. The accident put her in the hospital in critical
condition.

 The city cops who investigated refused to turn the investigation over to the
state police, even though they technically were investigating their own boss.
They also issued a ticket to the woman who was driving uninsured. Witnesses
told the police and the news media that the mayor had been driving without his
headlights on (it was fully dark at the time). The cops never administered a
breathalyzer test, they also did not initially charge Benjamin with driving in
the dark with no lights. He denied having done so for a while, then said he
did. Other witnesses also said Benjamin was texting on a blackberry device at
the time of the accident, but he has never admitted it. Eventually he agreed to
an undisclosed settlement with the woman.
 He has also made it clear that whoever puts money in his pocket gets city
contracts etc.

 As to separation of church and state, the governor of SC Nikki Haley is an
Indian woman her parents are Sikhs and she was raised as a Sikh. But when she
married her white bread husband she claims to have embraced Jay-sus. Religion
was a big issue in the election and her behavior since then has shown that she
can out Bush George W. Bush. I assure you that this woman will run for US
President one day. She might even win.
 On Sat, 4/26/14, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com