From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of authfri...@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 1:36 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Questions for Rick

Except, of course, for the fact that Nabby is right. We've been hearing
complaints about Amma here on FFL for years. I believe there's even an
anti-Amma Yahoo Group. So it really is a little odd to see Rick saying
Tredwell's is a "lone voice."

Maybe Rick didn't express himself clearly; perhaps he'll explain further what
he had in mind.

There’s definitely an anti-Amma group, and she’s had critics all along. What I
meant was that she makes certain accusations in her book for which there is no
corroborating evidence, and which are refuted by many in a position to know.

Ah, the classic cultist response. If someone believes something you don't agree
with about *your* spiritual teacher, cast aspersions on his teacher, or who you
imagine his teacher is.

Where this strategy falls flat is when dealing with people whose primary
identification in life is *not* their spiritual teacher, or their former ones.
Those whose lives still revolve around the people they consider their spiritual
teachers never seem to get this.

As far as I've been able to figure out, they simply cannot imagine life
*without* having given oneself over to some spiritual teacher, so they cannot
imagine others being able to do so. So they try to jab at them with taunts that
would only be meaningful to cultists like themselves. It's kinda the Ultimate
Projection. Go figure.  :-)

  _____