The old FFL index still sort of works with Neo.  Yahoo- groups truncates
now-adays at 64K but this link to the old index seems in tack still.

 As Authfriend points out, You can right click over links and open in a new tab
and still come back to the index without losing your place.

 One workaround is if you find a message you want to read on the list of search
hits, instead of left-clicking on the link to the message to open it directly,
right-click on it, then click "Open in New Tab" (this is in Windows 7 using
Chrome; not sure if there's a Mac equivalent, but as I recall IE had a similar
option). Read the message in the new tab, and close or save it or whatever when
you're done. You'll then be back in the list you were perusing and still be
where you were instead of being thrown back to the beginning.

 Within 'messages' on the FFL page I find typing in a word to search in to the
box at the top of the page starts something as a search. Then that gets you the
opportunity for, “advanced search” that comes with the results of the first
search. Once you get going that can narrow down. But each time it kicks you
back out to square one. Neo is quite miserable.
 Any other suggestions to lurkers to help with searches?

 -Buck