 From: Share Long <sharelong60@...>

 As for God, that too may simply be a word that ancients came up with to
describe a certain kind of neurological experience. I find that a fascinating
possibility for research as the ability to measure such becomes better.

I agree, although I don't see science ever being able to measure all of what
subjectively registers as spiritual experience. I do believe that much of it,
however, will be found to be due to neurological brain farts -- neither
"higher" or "lower," neither "good" nor "bad," and certainly not due to any
experience of or intervention by a God.

 I think the growth of wisdom is a desirable thing, and something that takes
place over a lifetime.  I would call it the growth of spirituality.  There may
be instances of "flash", or maybe not.

 I really don't have a problem putting such experiences in the "good" column,
and rating that higher than a life spent with no self reflection.

 YMMV